What a year it has been for the HealthFirst Liverpool Group! We had our launch back in January 2015 and got a superb start with a sports day organised by Active Me.
We have our office base back in Liverpool and back at the MPAC Building which has been amazing.
We have funding for 3 days a week!
So far this year we have:
- Run our first Health Champions course that was facilitated by Vivien Mansfield and Suzanne Robinson from Merseyscare – that people LOVED!
- Started different sessions that our members have asked for:
- chair exercises
- line dancing
- art advocacy
- taken part in consultations on alcohol, badminton and many more
- raised money and been on the Wirral Walk
- attended Dying Well meetings to make sure people with learning disabilities have a voice
- joined the gym
- lost weight
- made changes to our lives to improve our health
- joined up to the Round the World Challenge from Mencap
- been on TV!
- and much much more!!!!
We can’t wait to get back in 2016 as we have so many things planned – on Monday 4th January (and every Monday after!) we will be working with ACE at the Pagoda and improving our health – why not come along!
Our new Health Champions Course is starting Tuesday 5th January (all spaces full) and everything else that we do is still happening – check out the events page to find out more!
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and may all your dreams and wishes come true in 2016!
» Back to News