2015 has been the 3rd year of the Road Ahead Big Lottery funded project and it has been an AWESOME year!
We’ve had fun, we’ve had individual and group successes and we continue to:
- Improve people’s self esteem and confidence
- Help people feel less isolated
- Improve people’s health and wellbeing
This year we smashed our targets again! We have ran 2 training courses for young adults with learning disabilities aged 18-30 that have been delivered by young adults with learning disabilities – true peer advocacy. The training has been tailored and personalised to meet the needs of the people on each course. The feedback has been fantastic!
We did lots more – we’ve had an action packed year and we have achieved LOADS!!
- Been involved in the Leonard Cheshire Can Do Project
- Been to see the Poppies at St George’s Hall and taken part in Remembrance day
- We had the mid-point evaluation we are halfway through the project and we checked where we were up to and what parents and other professionals thought of the Road Ahead course
- We had Mik come along from the Big Lottery and say “this is the first time I’ve met a group that is truly user led”
- We’ve been to the theatre – twice!
- We’ve been involved in a cricket tournament
- Been on the “Soccer in the City” tour
- Kat has a volunteer job with Bluecoat and is going into schools
- We’ve been involved in consultations and been to Preston to speak up
- Been to Chinese New Year
- Been on the BikeRight project
- Been a part of the Bluecoat Missing Project and represented the group nationally
- Received an award from the High Sheriff of Merseyside for our work around Hate Crime
- Been out for our members birthdays and celebrated each others successes
- Kat was on the front cover of the UR InTouch Magazine
- Been to Sports Days organised by Active Me and won medals
- Been getting involved in lots of other projects – In Another Place, Bluecoat, Active Me, Tomorrow People, The Princes Trust, Hugh Baird College, HealthFirst Liverpool, People First Sefton and lots more!
It’s been a STUPENDOUS year AND WE HAVE LOADS of exciting things planned for 2016 – watch this space and thank you to everyone who has helped and supported us!
» Back to News